Welcome to Heidelberg! – Reception and information session for (international) doctoral students
Quelle: Internationales Studienzentrum der Universität Heidelberg
New doctoral students generally arrive in Heidelberg with many questions about registering and enrolling, finding housing, obtaining health insurance, funding their doctoral studies, learning German and much more. The Graduate Academy would like to welcome you to Heidelberg and provide you with the information necessary especially for your first weeks and months at the university!
We can assist you with topics such as:
- Registration and enrollment at the faculties and the university
- Visas and residence permits for international students
- Health insurance
- Housing search
- Financing and fellowships
- Newsletter about research and funding
- Initiatives for and by doctoral students
- Transferable skills seminar program
- Ombudsperson for doctoral students
- Research proposal support (Exposé-Beratung)
- Co-tutelle agreements
At our “Welcome to Heidelberg” event and reception we will inform you about our own services as well as about other useful addresses at the university. You will have the opportunity to meet the Graduate Academy team, to ask questions and to get to know other doctoral students.
We warmly invite you to come to our first “Welcome to Heidelberg” event!
Date: April 12, 2018, 4:00 pm
Place: Heidelberg Center for American Studies (HCA)
Curt und Heidemarie Engelhorn Palais