Grants from the Faculty of Behavioural and Cultural Studies to Support Doctoral Initiatives - Application Procedure and Forms
Applications can be submitted at any time.
Applications will be collected and assessed as a group after the deadlines indicated below. The awards notifications will be sent out about 6 to 8 weeks after each deadline.
- The application for a grant to support a doctoral initiative must be submitted by the doctoral students of two separate advisors.
- The grant cannot be awarded retroactively for initiatives or events that have already been implemented. Therefore, we recommend that you take note of the deadlines and plan accordingly.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please complete the following three steps to apply for a grant to support a doctoral initiative:
STEP 1: Fill out the ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM
- Each applicant must fill out and submit a separate online registration form.
- The submission of the online registration form alone does not constitute an application. Only when all necessary documents have been submitted to the Graduate Academy by both applicants, will your application be considered.
STEP 2: Submit the APPLICATION FORM and accompanying documents to the Graduate Academy
- Please save the application form on your computer before filling it out in order to ensure that your data is transmitted correctly. After filling out the application form, please re-save the file and send it with a copy of your letter of admission as a doctoral candidate or your enrollment certificate (with the intended degree "Promotion m. Abschlussprfg") to Heidelberg University via email to the Graduate Academy: email@example.com
- The application form must be filled out by both applicants and submitted to the Graduate Academy by the first applicant.
- If applicable, please submit a copy of the approval letter for external funding.
- Please attach your documents separately to the email, it is not necessary to combine them into one PDF.
STEP 3: Ask your advisors to submit the EVALUATION FORM
Your advisors are asked to submit the evaluation form directly to the Graduate Academy via email by the same deadline that applies to your application: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: The evaluations are to be treated confidentially by your advisors.
Before you submit your application, please check carefully that you have included all of the necessary documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered.