Heidelberg University Graduate Academy – Functions and Statute
The Graduate Academy supports and fosters Heidelberg University doctoral candidates. It was established in 2006 following the University Senate resolution in 2005 to include such a facility in its recommendations for the promotion of young researchers. Subsequently, within the framework of the Initiative of Excellence, the University decided to expand its services for doctoral candidates, thus enlarging the field of duties of the Graduate Academy.
The Graduate Academy’s mission is, in cooperation with the University faculties and graduate schools, to ensure that doctoral candidates in Heidelberg receive high quality education and training and thereby to strengthen the University’s position in competition for the best young researchers.
The Graduate Academy’s functions include:
- supporting the University faculties in providing appropriate foundations for doctoral programs.
- promoting the establishment of graduate schools and structured doctoral programs in all disciplines.
- creating and maintaining, in cooperation with the graduate schools and faculties, a program of non subject-specific academic and professional development courses for all doctoral candidates.
- establishing and maintaining a central service point for all doctoral candidates, especially those from outside Germany.
- supporting the faculties in issues of international marketing.
Statute of the Graduate Academy
The Statute of the Graduate Academy was amended and adopted in May 2017.
► Statute of the Graduate Academy (German only)