Newsletter 21/ 29-03-2022
Stellenausschreibung (Job Opening) - Graduate Assistent (geprüfte wissenschaftliche Hilfskraft) with 40 hrs./week
The Graduate Academy is the central coordinating body for all services related to general advising, professional and academic development, and financial assistance for doctoral candidates at the University of Heidelberg.
To begin as soon as possible, we are looking to hire a:
graduate assistant (geprüfte wissenschaftliche Hilfskraft) (f/m/d) on the basis of 40 hours per month.
The Graduate Academy’s language and writing support service offers individual counseling as well as workshops for doctoral candidates writing their dissertations in English as non-native speakers.
- supporting our counseling services for doctoral students on the correct use of the English language and the production of academic texts according to the general conventions of the English-speaking academic community
- proofreading and commenting on short academic texts
- carrying out regular workshops on the topics of text production and academic writing
- supporting the development of new courses and workshops for our writing support service
- editorial work for the Graduate Academy
- graduate degree (MA) in a relevant field
- English native-speaker
- preferably with experience in teaching English as a foreign language and / or editing academic texts in English
- highly motivated, with strong teaching, communication, and interpersonal skills
- ability to work both independently and as a team in an organized and structured fashion
- affinity with digital learning and communication tools and environments
Please send your application as a single PDF document via email to Dr. David Jara (David.email@example.com). The application deadline is April 26th, 2022.
We look forward to your application!
The Team of the Graduate Academy