Information for Structured Doctoral Programmes
The Graduate Academy is pleased to organize courses specifically for structured doctoral programmes (graduate schools, research training groups etc.).
Generally, these courses are offered in cooperation with the Department for Key Competencies. We currently offer the following courses in German or English:
- Strategies for a Successful Doctorate: Project Management – Social Skills – Time Management
- Academic Writing
- Presenting Research Results
- Communication and Negotiation
- Team and Conflict
- Teaching at University Level
We are also happy to develop courses on other topics or organize courses with external trainers specifically for your programme. We can also advise you on the integration of the courses into your curriculum.
The Graduate Academy has organized courses for:
- Heidelberg Graduate School of Mathematical and Computational Methods for the Sciences
- The Graduate School of Fundamental Physics
- The Harmut Hoffmann-Berling International School of Molecular and Cellular Biology (HBIGS)
- The Graduate Programme for Transcultural Studies (Cluster Asia & Europe)
- Heidelberg Graduate School for the Humanities and Social Sciences
- SFB 619 Ritual Dynamics
- GK 793 Epidemiology
- GK1126 Intelligent Surgery
- The structured doctoral programme of the Institute for Pharmacology
- LGFG Research Training Group “Reforms of Taxes and Social Systems”
- FACETS Initial Training Network
The larger structured doctoral programmes regularly offer courses from the Graduate Academy / Department for Key Competencies and have permanently integrated these into their curricula.