Date and time: October 5th, 2022, 1:00 pm
The Graduate Academy offers Nature Masterclasses – online courses developed by Nature Research – via an institutional subscription. If you are a member of Heidelberg University, this subscription grants you access to all currently available online courses by Nature.
Introductory video to the online course “Scientific Writing and Publishing”
Epigeum’s Research Integrity programme will provide training in responsible conduct and best practice. The programme is suitable for doctoral candidates, postdoctoral researchers, and early-career researchers from all disciplines. It consists of eight core modules and five supplementary modules – each one using multimedia content, interactive activities, and real life examples to enhance active learning, reflection, and practical application.
Research Integrity: Online access instructions
Please follow these instructions in order to access the course.
- Register through our course database on our website.
- You will receive a confirmation of registration within a week along with a digital token code by email. Please also check your spam folder regularly to receive all emails from the Graduate Academy.
- Open the platform: https://courses.epigeum.com/
- Click on the user menu and then on “Register" and complete the form. Please set your own password.
- IMPORTANT – Please use the email domain @uni-heidelberg.de for the registration process on the website of epigeum. The token you need for logging in is restricted to the email domain @uni-heidelberg.de, which means you can use the token only if you register with this email domain. Please contact us in case there is a problem.
- Please only register once.
- Enter the token code in the registration form.
- Once registration is complete, you are an official user. A program overview will be shown, with only one choice on it: Research Integrity. Click on this icon, and continue through the introductory material to begin the online course. You can interrupt and log on and off at any time.
Access to this course is possible until further notice.
Notes on privacy and anonymity:
- There are feedback questions at the end of the course; the answers to these questions do NOT remain totally anonymous. Epigeum is working on an anonymous option. It has not been an issue so far, because the feedback questions do not have sensitive content, but you should be aware of this nonetheless. You are not required to give feedback.
- The administrator (Mayte Dächer, firstname.lastname@example.org) is the only one who can see who has signed up for the course. This information is not available to other participants, nor will it be shared or published in any way.
For questions or access issues, please contact Mayte Dächer, email@example.com.
Are you interested in learning strategies for research leadership? The new "Advancing your Research Career" program aims to develop leadership skills for research leaders within and beyond academia. Many universities and funders are striving towards a kinder, more collaborative work culture and many of the challenges facing society require us to work more collaboratively. If you wish to prepare for these challenges, the new online course "Advancing your Research Career" from Epigeum / Oxford University Press is just right for you.
Starting now, the course is available on Moodle for all members of Heidelberg University. It is designed for advanced doctoral candidates and postdocs but everyone is welcome to take a look. Please follow the link below in order to learn more about the course contents and to register for the course: