Newsletter 55/ 04.11.2022
Panel Discussion "Career Development and Leadership" (Online Broadcast)
Dear Doctoral Candidates,
Are you wondering how to navigate the next steps in your career as an early career researcher? Do you have questions about what makes a good leader? And how can we equip today’s learners with the skills for tomorrow’s leaders? In a panel discussion on "Career Development and Leadership" that will be broadcast online, the Graduate Academy and experts from both academia and industry will explore these and many other questions about career development for early career researchers. We will welcome input and questions from the participants and there will be open discussion on the challenges and the aspirations of leadership for early career researchers.
The panel discussion is part of a “training package” on Career Development and Leadership (CD&L) for doctoral researchers from all seven 4EU+ Universities. The initiative is supported by and financed through funds available to the Heidelberg Office of the 4EU+ European University Alliance provided by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and the Ministry for Science, Research and Art of the State of Baden-Württemberg.
Program – Panel Discussion on "Career Development and Leadership" – November 16th, 2022 beginning at 4 pm
4:00 pm – Welcome and opening remarks from Dr. Helke Hillebrand (Director, Graduate Academy, Heidelberg University)
- “What makes a leader a good leader?”, Dr. Hartmut Unger (Coaching Motivation Mannheim)
- “Challenges for leadership in academic contexts”, Prof. Dr. Christiane Schwieren (Organizational Behavior, Equal Opportunities Commissioner at Heidelberg University
Panel discussion, including Q&A.
The discussion will be moderated by Dr. Helke Hillebrand with interactive audience participation throughout.
- Dr. Hartmut Unger (Coach and Trainer, Mannheim; https://www.coaching-motivation-mannheim.de/)
- Prof. Dr. Christiane Schwieren (Professor of Organizational Behavior, Alfred Weber Institute for Economics, and Equal Opportunities Commissioner, Heidelberg University; https://www.awi.uni-heidelberg.de/professuren/beheco/ChristianeSchwieren.html)
- Dr. Verena C. Haage (Postdoctoral Research Scientist, Columbia University Medical Center, Center for Translational and Computational Neuroimmunology, New York, NY, USA; https://www.linkedin.com/in/verena-claudia-haage-b4223073/?originalSubdomain=de; https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Verena-Haage; https://www.worklifescience.de/%C3%BCber-uns)
- Sanja Stevic (Academic Dean and PhD researcher, Schiller International University, Paris; https://www.linkedin.com/in/sanja-stevic-3516785/?originalSubdomain=de)
- Prof. Dr. Han de Wilde (Professor in Molecular and Industrial Biotechnology and Director of Education, Institute of Biology, Leiden University; https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/staffmembers/han-de-winde#tab-1)
6:00 pm – End of event
We hope you can join us online for what promises to be a lively conversation on career development and leadership in an academic context. Please register by Monday, November 14th on our website!
Registration form – Panel discussion on "Career Development and Leadership" – November 16, 2022
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Team of the Graduate Academy
Tel.: +49 6221 / 54 - 19765